Saturday, March 9, 2019

Nostradamus Speaks - Return to Normal

Return to Normal

I came back to the United States and California and my dump of an office in Little Saigon feeling really down in the dumps. Already I missed Ingrid and whatever the charms of Little Saigon were, it could hardly compare to Paris. And still, I had done nothing of significance in my job as Dr. Nostradamus' spokesman and front man for Nostradamus Speaks.

As generous as Dr. N was in Paris, I saw no sign such largess would continue in SoCal. Since I definitely was not about to go groveling to the Dragon Lady Madame Ngo, aka, Madame "No!", I decided to get a real job. But what, and where?

Mind you, I was not quitting my day job as Number One, it's just that I needed more than spare change to keep my self respect up to snuff.

Thus I became an Uber driver. It was like the Navy where you join up and see the world. With Uber you join up and see Orange County and Los Angeles County, and if you are lucky, Riverside County. I got a decent car cheap and went through all you have to go through to be an Uber man.

My first fare was a local pick up in Little Saigon with a destination to another location in Little Saigon. If you saw this coming then you are smarter than I was…. the Dragon Lady.  

I resigned myself to my fate. I was obviously in way over my head and probably doomed to be a lackey for the Nostradamus Speaks cartel for the rest of my miserable life. 

Dragon Lady Madame Ngo acted like she had never seen me before in her life and that suited me fine because I wished I had never seen her before in my life. 

I dropped her off at the beauty and nail salon and drove straight back to my dump and lay down on the couch. I missed Ingrid and Paris and Vienna.

Dixi

No comments: