Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Nostradamus Speaks - A New Day

A New Day

Dr. N: "Number One, 9:30 this morning at Peet's on the Hill. N."
Me: "Roger."

I arrived. N was there. It was chilly. We sat inside. 

"Good morning. Sensei," I greeted him blah, blah, blah, glad you are feeling better, blah, blah. 

"Sensei," I said, "I am concerned about our increasing use of the text message account. On one hand it's nice we conduct our business like normal people. On the other, it leaves an electronic trail. Not good tradecraft.

"Quite right, Grasshopper." the good doctor said, "It does leave a trail. Exactly what I want right now."

Me, "Okay. Anything I should know."

Dr, N. "No, let's get into those cards and letters."

I opened my iPhone 4s and logged onto the Feedback from Sleepers file. 

"A lot of chatter from Colorado." I glanced through them. "Agnes in Denver say she is thrilled and hopes to finally see you in person. Donny in Carbondale says Aspen is overrated, overpriced, and can get us a good deal at his Airbnb. Woody in Twin Lakes says the same thing. And so on. What is this shit? Maybe it has something to do with the outage yesterday. The system was down and I had to reboot my password."

"Never mind, Number One," Dr. N said, "Just screen those messages and focus on the business at hand."

"Okay, Boss." I said. 

Jimmy from New York says don't avoid the issue. He has two questions:

"What," he asks, "Does the future hold for the Trump administration?"
Dr. N: "Disgrace, humiliation, and shame."

"What does the future hold for the American people as a whole?"
Dr. N: "International shame and embarrassment. But even that shall pass. Next."

The Reverend William Robert - you remember Billy Bob - is praying for you.
Dr. N: "Next."

Alice in South Dakota says you were right about her rotten boyfriend Hank and wants to know.......
Dr. N: "Next."

"It's more of the same, Doc," I said, "It's like herding cats." "All kinds of cliques and special interests are popping up." 

"How so?" Dr. N asked. 

"Well," I started in, "Clarence in New Haven complains I, meaning me, don't know how to write dialog and offers advice. I say to Clarence that if I want your advice Clarence, I'll beat it out of you."

"Calm down, Grasshopper," Dr. N calmed me, "Go on."

"I'll be blunt, Sensei," I finally said, "I'm upset. Hear tell there's a group in Nostradamus Speaks who think I am an incompetent idiot and want me fired. Another group thinks I am a master manipulator manipulating you, of all people, and wants me fired.” 

“I’m not an idiot, am I Sensei?
Dr. N: “No, Number One, you are not an idiot.

"I'm not manipulating you, am I Sensei?"
Dr. N: "No, Number One, you are not manipulating me."

"I will remain as your One and Only Personal Spokesperson, won't I, Sensei?" 
Dr. N: "Yes, Number One, you will remain my One and Only Personal Spokesperson."

Hahahaha. A little joke Dr. Michel de Nostradamus, the famed Prognosticator and Time Traveler, and me, Number One, still his Personal Spokesperson, thought you might like.

Dixi

No comments: