Thursday, February 14, 2019

Nostradamus Speaks - A Workplace Dispute

A Workplace Dispute

"Dr. N," I texted, "You need to come up with a new sleeper cell activation code. I screwed up the last one by misspelling a word in the third iteration. Sorry. But my mistake might work out for the best -- have you really thought this thing through?"

Dr. Nostradamus was prompt whenever I used the very-important-stuff-only text message account, "What do you mean Grasshopper?"

"I mean," I texted, "Maybe you should let sleeping dogs lie; what if your sleepers don't want to get woke; what if they're not ready?"

Dr. N:  Good point. I'll hold off for a while. Anything else?

Me:  Yes. Now that I've got you on the line, so to speak, why do you insist on publishing your Nostradamus Speaks bulletins in a verbatim dialog format? Whatever happened to the tried and true quatrains of yesteryear?

Dr. N:  That was then, this is now. Paper, printing, distribution. The internet was  v e r y  s l o w  back in the day. 

Me:  Hahahahaha. A joke. But you didn't answer my question. 

Dr. N:  Okay, all seriousness aside, dialog, conversation, give-and-take, verbal exchange, etc., is the best way ideas evolve and humans learn from each other.

Me:  It's, "all joking aside", but I get your point, up to a point. 

Dr. N:  What's your point?

At that point I had had it up to here.

Me:  My point is you sound like a pointy headed intellectual jerking me around when I have serious questions I think deserve answers. This conversation is over.

Dr. N:  Don't go away mad; just go away. And keep the text message account limited to very important stuff only. N.

I'm going to demand a raise because they don't pay me enough for this shit. And I really don't care if I get fired.

Dixi

Note: I don't want to get into the middle of what seems like a petty little squabble between Doctor Nostradamus and his spokesperson, and I seriously considered not passing this on to you. But I came down on the side of letting you decide what to make of it.
LLP 

No comments: