Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Nostradamus Speaks - The Rain in Spain

The Rain in Spain.......

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain.
The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plane.

I couldn't get that My Fair Lady lyric out of my head as I waited for Dr. Nostradamus to show up for our scheduled 3:15 p.m. appointment at Peet's on the hill. He was 15 minutes late and I was getting grumpy.

This gig as the One and Only Chief Spokesperson for the Famed Prognosticator and Time Traveler Dr. Michel de Nostradamus is getting to be more than I signed on for. I am getting blowback from sleeper cell coordinators all over the place. They are getting shit and shit flows uphill and the buck stops here because a big part of my job is simply to insulate the boss from the incredible number of nut jobs out there. 

There are those who accuse me making this shit up. Trust me, you can't make this shit up. Then there are those who indignantly accuse me of appropriating the great Nostradamus name. Hey, don't kill the messenger. I'm just a coffee boy and the pay is hardly worth the hassle. A large number of people think I'm off my meds. I'm not. Some guy is convinced it's gluten that's making me crazy. Apparently, the mere mention of me ordering three glazed and three plain donuts at a donut shop made him crazy. 

The list goes on. We'll see if the sleeper cell activation code works it's magic and I start getting the respect I deserve.

Ding goes my iPhone text message alert: "Number One, sorry I have to cancel. Unexpected high level meeting. N."

This was the third meeting Dr. N. canceled at the last minute or even after the last minute leaving me cooling my heels. I have a low level life you know.

I texted him back: "Okay Boss, I get it. You win. Let's go back to the old way where you just show up unannounced whenever and wherever you want. I will either be there or not."

With that I got up and walked over to my still running vintage 1987 Yugo. This thing is going to be a collector's item someday and I am going to be rich. 

Dixi









No comments: