Monday, February 25, 2019

Nostradamus Speaks - Vienna Followup

Vienna Followup

I write at the request of Dr. Nostradamus to followup on my last post wherein I tracked a bit of my personal history and the very beginning of my role as his spokesperson.

Leaving the Vienna cafe after that fateful breakfast in August of 2009, I wasn't much for company and headed back to my apartment. I found myself reliving the happy days of my childhood and what snippets of memory that featured Dr. Nostradamus and his wife. I was surprised at the level of detail that came to mind and wondered if my memory wasn't as ordinary as I had always assumed. I really had no idea what he might want to talk about nor why he called me Number One.

Next morning I reported for work and was given a telephone memo by the receptionist: "N called. Reschedule meeting until after work. Same cafe on Sonnwendgasse." That was probably a good idea because I was still relatively new here and didn't want to mess up. 

He didn't specify a time so I just took the bus after work and went straight to the cafe. He was waiting.

"I want you to come work for me," Dr Nostradamus said with no further greeting.

"Okay," I found myself saying without the slightest idea of what I was going to be doing or how much I was going to be paid, if anything.

"Good. I'll meet you in Los Angeles mid September or thereabouts. This will cover your expenses," handing me a cashier's check for 10,000 euros drawn on a Swiss bank. "Have a good flight."

He got up to leave.

"Wait," I said, "What's my job?"

"Number One, you are going to be the primary spokesperson and coordinator for my businesses. See you in sunny Southern California."

Dr. Nostradamus left, leaving me thinking that Ingrid was not going to like this and will think I'm an idiot. She'll probably dump me but that will save me the unpleasant task of breaking up with her. 

I wasn't very proud of myself at that likelihood but really, I was too excited at my prospective new adventure to care. Vienna was boring anyway.

I went back to my apartment and googled, "Nostradamus business."

Dixi 


Note from me LLP:
I don't know how this tidbit of background helps other than to confirm that Ingrid was probably right.

No comments: